Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery. Additionally, the position requires personal maturity, a high degree of organization and time management and an overriding focus on customer service. Training on process and software is provided. This is a full-time position. Base salary and commission structure: commensurate with experience. Submit resume to the attention of Brad Wickard.
General Work Schedule:
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Possess an understanding of the importance of customer service
- Are self-motivated, detail-oriented and quality-focused
- Works independently and requires little oversight
- Team player with good communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with the use of various computer applications required for sales process.
- Services existing accounts and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and lead generation sources.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Case manager responsible for setting up case details with accounts and monitoring the overall success of the products and services delivered.
- Works alongside customer support to resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional groups and/or societies.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state drivers license within 60 days of employment.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Experience in the court reporting/legal industry
- Proficient with Reporter Base 8 or other legal database software
- Proficient in the use of a CRM.
High school diploma or general education degree from an accredited institution required. College degree preferred.
- Drug Test
- Criminal Background Check
- References must be provided.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Phone calls about this job will receive no response.